Sonderforschungsbereich 933 „Materiale Textkulturen“
Marstallstraße 6 | Zi. 009 | 69117 Heidelberg
Date and place of Birth March 3rd 1981, Lecce (Italy)
April 24, 2008
Lecce University (Italy)
Ma in Archaeological Cultural Heritage
Thesis: “La statuaria in pietra dal tempio del dio Soknopaios a Soknopaiou Nesos”
July 30, 2014
University of Salento - Lecce (Italy)
University of Poitiers (France)
Double PhD: “Filologia ed Ermeneutica del Testo” and “Archéologie, Ethnologie, Prehistoire”
Dissertation Sponsors: Prof. Paola Davoli (Lecce), Prof. Pascale Ballet (Poitiers)
Dissertation: “Ermeneutica e semiotica in archeologia: per una nuova interpretazione culturale della ceramica vascolare nell'Egitto greco-romano”.
April 2015 - February 2016
Post-doctoral research at the University of Salento - Lecce (Italy)
Scientific Director: Prof. P. Davoli
March 1, 2016 - to present
Post-doctoral research at Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg (Germany), SFB 933 «Materiale Textkulturen» (A09).
Scientific Director: Dr. Julia Lougovaya
“Fourth Edition of the Papyrological Summer School” organized by the Centro di Studi Papirologici, Salento University (Lecce).
“Sixth International Conference of the Dakhleh Oasis Project” organized by the Centro di Studi Papirologici of the Salento University (Lecce) in collaboration with the New York University and Monash University.
Ceramic Workshop “The amphorae and common ceramics during the Hellenistic and Roman period” at the Institut Français d'Archéologie Orientale (IFAO) in Cairo, held by Sylvie Marchand (ceramologist IFAO).
June 30, 2010
Certificate DELF (Diplôme d'Etudes de Langue Française) at the Centro Linguistico d'Ateneo (CLA) of the Salento University (Lecce).
June 20-24, 2012
“Seventh International Conference of the Dakhleh Oasis Project. New Developments in the Archaeology of the Egyptian Western Desert and its Oases” organized by the Leiden University.
REWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
3rd place with a scholarship to the V European Award “S. Borgia” - Edition 2008, Archaeological Section, organized by the Centro Internazionale di Studi Borgiani and the Centro di Studi Papirologici dell’Università del Salento (Lecce).
May 2011 - July 2014
Ph.D. Scholarship of the University of Salento (Lecce).
Instructor for the VI Papyrological Summer School organized by the Centro di Studi Papirologico at the Università del Salento, Lecce
Instructor at the VII Seminar for the Restoration of Papyri, organized by the Centro di Studi Papirologici at the Università del Salento, Lecce
Instructor for the VII Papyrological Summer School organized by the Centro di Studi Papirologico at the Università del Salento, Lecce
Instructor at the VIII Seminar for the Restoration of Papyri, organized by the Centro di Studi Papirologici at the Università del Salento, Lecce
1. Catalogo delle terrecotte figurate in M. Capasso-P. Davoli (eds.), Soknopaiou Nesos Project I (2003-2009), Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa-Roma 2012, pp. 363-375.
2. Una collezione privata nel Museo Papirologico dell'Università del Salento, SEP 9 (2012), pp. 47-66.
3. Amheida/Trimithis (Dakhla Oasis): results from a pottery survey in Area 11, BCE 24 (2014), pp. 163-177.
4. with J. Marchand and I. Soto, Pottery from the 4th-century house of Serenos in Trimithis/Amheida (Dakhla Oasis), in LRCW 5: Late Roman Coarse Ware, Cooking Wares and Amphorae in the Mediterranean. Archaeology and Archaeometry (LRCW 5)”, Alexandria (Egypt), 6-10 April 2014 (under press).
5. Ceramics Fabrics and Shapes in R. Ast- R. S. Bagnall (eds.), Amheida 3. Ostraka from Trimithis, Volume 2: Greek Texts from 2008-2013 Seasons, New York (under press).
6. Imports in Amheida, in R. S. Bagnall-G. Tallet (eds.), Great Oasis Conference, Oasis Magna: Kharga and Dakhla Oases in Antiquity. Proceedings of the Final Congress Partner University Fund (PUF), ISAW-New York University-Limoges, September 19-20, 2014, (forthcoming).
7. Gli ostraka e l’importanza del supporto scrittorio: evoluzione delle metodologie di studio, in Studi in onore di Mario Capasso in occasione del suo 65° compleanno (forthcoming).
8. La coroplastica, in P. Arthur-B. Bruno-A. Alfarano (a cura di), Archeologia urbana a Borgo Terra, Muro Leccese (Lecce), forthcoming.
CONFERENCES AND CONGRESSES
1. “Imports in Amheida (Oasi di Dakhla - Egitto)”. Paper presented at the “Great Oasis Conference, Oasis Magna: Kharga and Dakhla Oases in Antiquity”, Final Congress Partner University Fund (PUF), ISAW-New York University-Limoges, September 19-20, 2014.
2. Poster: C. Caputo-J. Marchand-I. Soto, Pottery from the 4th-century house of Serenos in Trimithis/Amheida (Dakhla Oasis), Fifth International Conference on Late Roman Coarse Wares, Cooking Wares and Amphorae in the Mediterranean: Archaeology and Archaeometry, LRCW 5 (Alexandria, 6-10 April 2014).
Archaeological Excavations of Salento University (Lecce) in the Messapic site of Cavallino (Italy). Position: Draftswomen and ceramologist
Director: Prof. F. D'Andria.
2006 - to present
Archaeological Mission of Salento University (Lecce) at Dime/Soknopaiou Nesos – Fayyum, Egypt.
Position: Draftswomen and Ceramologist
Directors: Prof. M. Capasso and P. Davoli.
Archaeological Mission of the Institut Français d'Archéologie Orientale (IFAO) at Kysis/Douch (Kharga Oasis, Egypt).
Position: Draftswomen and Ceramologist, under the supervision of Sylvie Marchand.
Director: Prof. M. Wuttman.
2009 - to present
Archaeological Mission of New York University at Trimithis/Amheida (Dakhleh Oasis, Egypt).
Position: Draftswomen and Ceramologist.
Director: Prof. R. S. Bagnall; Field Director: P. Davoli.